Tuesday, September 3, 2013

House Tour Continues

I think I am back. 

Life is beginning to feel somewhat normal.

I am getting in to the routine.

I am hoping that blogging can be a part of that routine.

I really enjoy sharing my thoughts, life, and projects here.

It truly makes me happy.

On my last post, I shared the front of our new house.

Many of you have asked to see the rest of our house.

I am going to start sharing room by room; however you must know I am far from being done.  I have lots of ideas for this house.

Here it is as it stand now, just 2 months after moving in.

It is important to note that we bought many pieces of furniture from the previous owners.  I will share how I incorporated those with our existing pieces during this house tour.

Today, I am sharing the entry way of our house.

This is what the entry way looked like when we bought the house:

House-0538

I thought it would be fun to see how things changed.

Welcome to our home…

 photo DSC_0356_zpsd823d557.jpg

Of course, my babies are the first thing you see.

 photo DSC_0357_zps5ffd44a4.jpg

I painted some black frames that I had to resemble some that I fell in love with at Hobby Lobby.

 photo DSC_0004_zps34e47d2d.jpg

We also want you to know that everyone is welcome; the more the merrier at our house.

I want my home to feel so warm and inviting from the minute you walk in.

 photo DSC_0352_zpsc26a3508.jpg

I had a chalkboard project that I made for this space.  You will see some pictures with it, and some with out it.

 photo DSC_0003_zps14aedc7a.jpg

I made the chalkboard from an old picture frame that I bought from a friend.(thanks Tori) I painted the frame gray, and then painted over the picture inside the frame with chalkboard paint.  This was a very inexpensive project.

 photo DSC_0005_zps5eb693ee.jpg

As you can see; it has been fun to change what it says.

 photo HouseTour-0286_zps392f441e.jpg

I found this quote and love reading it each time I see it; it’s a good reminder.

From our entry way you access the stairs off to the right to go into our basement.

 photo DSC_0354_zps2ed008ab.jpg

Some of my favorite people adorn the walls as you head down the stairs.

 photo DSC_0344_zps0cb3590b.jpg

Along with a frame of what I say to each of them every night, “I love you to the moon and back.”

 photo DSC_0355_zps058740c6.jpg

If you would like the printable for your house, it can be found by going here.

Moon and back copy

This is what you see if you look up.  Pretty huh?

 photo DSC_0368_zps753403d2.jpg

It also leads you straight to our living room, and off to the left is the office.(this room coming soon)

 photo HouseTour-0293_zps569b1fee.jpg

And the little details:

 photo DSC_0348_zps5e4cc625.jpg

 photo DSC_0349_zps1b66739f.jpg

 photo DSC_0351_zps37558dbc.jpg

 photo DSC_0350_zps7df9c854.jpg

Entry way info:

Rug:Ikea, Shoe rack: thrift store, Chalkboard:handmade by me, Blue frames: Hobby Lobby(black but I painted blue), Welcome sign: Hobby Lobby, Grey frame: IKEA(print made by me), Glass Candlesticks:(left by the owner of the house), Jar with sticks: jar(Hobby Lobby) sticks from my yard painted silver, White frame:Hobby Lobby, Basket for shoes:left by the owner of the house, Blue table:found on the side of the road and painted with homemade chalk paint.

Would you like this print for your own home?

family

Find it here.

Thanks for visiting.  See y’all soon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love all the blue. You are amazing to have all that done just 2 months into living there. I've lived in my house almost 9 months and I'm slow! I think I commitment issues when it comes to decor. I can't make up my mind :) Thanks for sharing your home, it's beautiful can't wait to see more.

Colleen said...

Love that quote. Pretty sure I used that one in a scrapbook and I loved it. Your home is beautiful. I love the touches of blue. That table came out awesome! You have such luck with finding good things.

Becky said...

Love that family quote! Thanks for making it a printable for us. :)

KW said...

It's looking good, can't wait to see the rest and in person as well!!

Leslie Posey said...

I like it! cant wait to see the rest!! Miss you and wish you guys were closer!!

Emma said...

Beautiful! Wish I could find a lovely table on the side of the road. Thanks for the printables.

Related Posts with Thumbnails